Fossend Publishing

Fossend Publishing

Tuesday 30 December 2014

Let it Snow!

It's no secret to those who know me that I love snow, with a capital LOVE!  I think it always makes the landscape look so incredibly beautiful.  Unfortunately, where we live we don't get a lot of it, maybe the odd flurry that lasts a day or two, but then that's it.

In 2010 the UK had a lot of snow fall in a short period of time and it stayed on the ground for over a week.  I was on holiday at the time in Somerset, a beautiful County in the west of England. I went for a long walk one day with my camera and here are some of the photos I took.


Country Lane. Somerset


Snow resting on tree branches. Somerset.


Wintry landscape. Somerset.

Field. Somerset.

Country lane and hedges. Somerset.

The North of England was lucky to get their first snowfall last week, but in the south we're still waiting and I'm still hopefully scanning the horizon. I really do hope that we are lucky this year, and that the weather is kind to us, or as the song says "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!" (Please!)

No comments:

Post a Comment